At Marjorie McClure we strive to develop strong partnerships with parents so we can work together to support our students. We aim to create a range of opportunities for parents to get involved with school life and to join us for special events and celebrations.
Your childs class teacher is your first point of call for any questions. They are contactable via email, telephone or contact book.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch if we can be of help in any way.
Our Parent Partnership Policy is attached below:
Home / School Agreement
I will do my best to:
- Attend school every day, unless I am too unwell.
- Follow the school rules and behave well.
- Dress smartly, appropriately and take care of my appearance.
- Work hard in class and join in with all expected lessons and activities
- Support the school events which help raise money for students.
- Tell staff if I have any worries or concerns at school.
- Wash my hands properly and keep social distance.
The school agree to ensure that we:
- Are open and welcoming and show respect for students and their families in the way that we communicate and work with you.
- Have high expectations of your child in terms of learning, attendance and behaviour.
- Provide appropriate, balanced and challenging opportunities for your child to learn, progress and reach their full potential
- Provide opportunities for your child to become involved in positively contributing to the life of school.
- Offer a safe, well-ordered and caring school in which learning can take place.
- Keep your child safe through the support of our Safeguarding system.
- Value your child as an individual.
- Encourage your child to develop the resilience and strategies necessary to cope with the future challenges of adulthood, and prepare them to become a responsible UK citizen
- Encourage your child to respect their surroundings and others around them.
- Offer support through school pastoral systems.
- Keep you informed about your child’s progress and performance, via parents evenings and review visits where progress can be discussed.
- Contact you about any concerns we have regarding your child, and respond swiftly to any worries or concerns that you may have.
- Maintain confidentiality where appropriate.
- Follow guidelines and risk assessment in relation to Coronavirus.
You, the family, agree to:
- Make sure your child attends school every day, unless they are too unwell.
- Expect and encourage your child to fully participate in the curriculum and other learning opportunities provided during the school day.
- Ensure your child attends school dressed smartly, appropriately and according to the school uniform policy
- Support the school rules and policies and support your child to succeed
- Work in a positive and united way with us to support your child.
- Value your child’s school work and achievements and encourage a high standard of work.
- Attend your child’s annual review meeting, parents evenings and other key meetings.
- Support your child by attending important social events
- Support school fundraising events aimed to raise money to benefit your child and other students
- Tell us if you have any concerns, via your child’s Class teacher in the first instance. If you require further support then please contact the Head of Phase.
- Promptly make arrangements for your child’s care if he/she is unwell and needs to go home.
- Show respect for students, staff and all members of the school community in the way that you communicate and work with us.
- Follow the guidelines regarding Coronavirus, notably ensuring that your child is not sent into school if displaying any of the Coronavirus symptoms and arrange for your child to be collected immediately if requested.